Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sydney diary day one

forward: so i'm visiting home for two months just to regroup and recharge. The past four years has all been about work work work, so two months to concentrate on getting my life in order (bout time i know!)
To set the mood, and though y'all know how I hate to gloat (not really) but this is what I will be waking up to the next two months. I know I'd hate me too if I was stuck in NYC. We have breakfast (toast & coffee) on the balcony too, life is really going to suck hard.
I forgotten how amazing it is to just hand someone your bag of laundry and the next time you see it, it'll be magically folded and cleaned. When I open the fridge, there are an assortment of foods of varying cuisine and decay and it almost feels like shopping in your own deli~! And I never have to worry about supplies. I mean if this isn't heaven I'm not quiet sure what would be?
So for the first day we basically ate, sat around with the two puppies and "sunned". It is surprisingly cloudy and cold for an Aussie summer, so wasn't a harsh adjustment. The two puppies provided endless amusement, and one is def going through puberty - it'd take a village just to get him to finish his dinner. I mean did I demand that much attention as an adolescent? I'd hope not. I'd love to provide illustrations of our first dinner but unfortunately I was too busy eating it all to bothered. Needless to say, we had a fresh steamed cod, amazing half kilo of harbour prawns and apparently some vegies but after the fish the prawns things got a bit blurry for me so I'm just reporting what my parents told me. This is one our family's fav meals so I'm sure I'll remember to get pics on some latter date.
See many of you have heard me gripe about my pathetic excuse for a room and thought I was exaggerating. Finally, here is the proof!!!! See, I'm kinda nearing 30 and my room is well....PINK. And despite a decade of pleading my parents simply refuses to change the colour scheme. I mean, I have a medieval bed net and everything. UGH. 

OH one of my two pride and joy use to be the awesome wall to wall bookshelf that was brimming with everything I've read and want to read, but some how it has now turned into a storage/entertainment unit. I don't even what to know what happened to the books that should have been where the TV is. 
And the gorgeous wall of inspiration is now hidden behind the repulsive exercise unit, I mean seriously, who the hell needs exercises?

So just cos I can, I'm decamping in my bro's gorg room while we try to make my room acceptable. We'll see how far we get in two months!


No comments:

Post a Comment