Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Golden Globes 2011 / RDJ vs Johnny Depp

Round two of RDJ vs Johnny Depp...did you see this?
Johnny sat there all night all chubby and elegant and dapper, but RDJ was in his element. See schmoozing is what he does best and Johnny was, take my word, compelled to be there. And this is also why Lindsey Lohen is history - everyone wants to work with Emma Stone just so they could hang out with her. So much so I'm willing to forgive her for being orange.

ARG and after N Portman's god awful dorky speech and god awful dress, can I please be allowed to hate her without being yelled at? I mean, seriously, the girl has had three months of practice at various film festival awards ceremony. She really has no excuse. And the dress....this is why I hate satin, even Vikor & Rolf couldn't make it appealing. 

As for the favourites? Out of spite I am not going to discuss Hathaway, but the most I'll say is that she doesn't look like herself, and I mean that as a compliment. I love love Leighton, the girl experiments, and she SHOULD, she is young! But at an event like this, when the focus is not on her, she knows when to do what is appropriate. Love love this dress.
Sandy's dress actually made my head tingle, but that fringe, aw that fringe. It could have been perfect, just like her marriage. Sigh.

ScarHo is looking weirdly skinny and her face is showing the sad sign of stress, but otherwise, I have to conced, a flawless combo. 




Here is the thing about January Jones, she is making a point and she has the body to do it. So does Blake L but see, Blake cant seem to allow herself to wear anything that is not a size too small. Jones reminds you why you are watching MadMen and why you'll keep watching MadMen; she ain't your typical blond, and this ain't your typical show. Fist pump!

No comments:

Post a Comment