10 years ago I graduated from high school.
Ten years ago the world was full of possibilities. I was acutely aware I was about to enter into the best years of my life - I had minimum responsibility and the world at my feet. Everything came easily and the bigger the challenge the better to show off my superior whatever. Looking back now I also see all the little things I didn't and can't appreciate until now. The shorter "recovery time" especially. Back then, family and friends kept me from wallowing for long or going excessively over board on anything. At the same time, I could indulge in whatever misadventure I dream up. Growing up though, means taking responsibilities for your own life, ie thinking and planning ahead, UGH.
So the next 10 years are going to be the hardest working ten years of my life. I'll need to establish the foundations on which the rest of my life can be built upon - emotionally, physically and of course financially. I can't even begin to tell you how hard it is for me to just stick to an exercise routine.
Ten years ago, if you can imagine, RDJ was unemployable because well, he was un-insurable. Remember him being fired from Alley McBeal? Remember him being loaded on cocaine, wandering around Culver City barefoot before finally being arrested? Yeah that was April 2001. Below, is the first "job" he did after he got cleaned. I love this video because, well listen to the lyrics and watch his expression. So pared down, so uncomfortably honest. This was 10 years ago, and look, he hasn't really aged much no? This is what a good lifestyle can bring, trust.
Jen, as much as I do not wish to agree,, I must AGREE..
ReplyDeleteBecause I feel exactly the same if not more, I am already 2 years ahead of you in this struggle. But thats the beauty of life. When you try and picture yourself 10 years into the future, what would you have been thinking 10 years ago into TODAY, what do you think as a wiser person 10 years into the future would have done differently to what you're about to do NOW.
I ponder on that every single day